Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Fear

Usually I am a happy go lucky type person. I can find the positive in things and while I am a worrier, I tend to look on the bright side. My hubby, S, is an engineer, they prepare for the worst case scenario, so S usually has a much darker outlook than I do.

Not today! This whole adoption has been moving too smoothly and quickly. I am just panicked that the bottom is going to fall out and I will be crushed. I don't know why, nothing has happened to point to a problem, but I am just really fearful today that things are about to come to a crashing halt. Maybe it's because I bought a couple of outfits for princess pink yesterday, so we could take them with us when we meet her and see what size she fits into. Today I'm worried I'll never need them. S, however, is calm, cool and collected, he is not worried at all.

This role reversal thing is just wigging me out.

1 comment:

Suz said...

Nancy, this is a very normal thing for couples going through this process. I am usually the worrier and hubby very rarely worries. But many times throughout our two adoptions, we have switched roles for a day or two at a time. It is very odd feeling, but I've come to learn I'd much rather switch the roles than have us both freaking out at the same time.

We've only had one moment of that during our adoptions and it came this past October when we were on the train to our region to visit V. We both had a meltdown and came as close as we ever have to giving up. We were exhausted. When we woke up in the morning we both felt much better.

Just keep talking with one another. You'll make it!