Scott and I should be in a plane on our way to Russia. I say should because let's face facts, flights are rarely on time and our flight leaves Atlanta at 3:40. Two weeks from now we will have our girly with us and be in Moscow, and three weeks from now we will be home and getting on with life. Three weeks from today is my birthday too and I think having a new family member at home will make it extra special!
Since I only have week left to get ready, and one of those days is taken up by a holiday, you are right if you think I might be freaking out a touch. But it's really just a touch, I'm pretty calm about this trip. I'm more excited to get there and get our hands on her than anything else, and this time that feeling is overriding all other's. Our kids are so excited to get their sister here that they are counting down the days. They are also planning all the activities that she will to do with them. The sweet girly girl we met in May is about to become a tom-boy! They have plans for trains and dog games, but I'm hoping they will squeeze in a tea party or two also.
It's getting so close I'm not sleeping at night, I've been dreaming of adopting since I was little and dreaming of a daughter for eight years I can't imagine what it will feel like to complete those dreams.
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's such exciting news!!!! I can see why you might not be sleeping so well at this point. I hope you get a few nights of wonderful sleep between now and your flight!! It's wonderful to watch others go through this experience a bit ahead of us- a little reassuring to know what I might expect. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us!
Yes..... say good by to girly-girl. sigh. Having a girl after having 4 boys....Tom-boy is inevitable I'm afraid. It's kind of nice though. Lyra is as tough and fun and the boys love playing with her. Your daughter will advance and change so fast it will blow your mind!
Post a Comment