Yesterday we celebrated Grace's third birthday. It was the first time that she had ever had a party or presents on her birthday, so we did it up big. We had four families an Grandparents join us for a "Rella" party. We had dinner which was centered on the theme of Shish-ka-bibbidy-bobbidy-boo's both meat and fruit. She played pin the slipper in Cinderella and had a piniata and a mountain of gifts that was emabarassing. Grace had a ball. She took on her role of Queen for day like she'd been born to it and frankly she's a bit sad that life isn't quite as good today.
I have to say in the almost year that we have had a Grace I've never been sad about her previous life until yesterday. I thought about what she had missed in herfirst two birthdays, and then I thought about the day of her birth. I tried to search my mind for some inkling of what we were doing on July 2, 2005. Frankly I think it was just an ordinary day for us, and it makes me cry to realize that, it was an amzingly special day, our daughtr was born, and we know nothing about that day. I realize I can't change the past, but I never thought that I would be sad about those things.
Anyway, on to the birthday, Grace tells everyon three now, so they know that she has aged up. she is loving all the toys and dress up that she recieved and I think I succeeded in giving her a great party, but not one that was soo overwhelming that she couldn't enjoy it.
Happy birthday Princess Pink!

3 comments:
Happy Bday Grace!!!!!
The picture of her Daddy giving her flowers seriously brought a tear to my eye. You must be so happy to have your girl and such a perfect girlie princess party :)
I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to think about her birthday. I'm sure one day I will understand what you mean. For now, though, I thank you for your continued honesty about these subjects. You've given me a great idea to type a quick "this is what we did today" post on a separate, private blog. I would like to start doing it now, so that we have some record of what we did on the day our child was born. Since we hope to bring him home next year. (Meaning he'll be born sometime soon....) Thank you for the tip.
Happy Birthday, Grace! She does indeed look like a happy little princess! Love the dress and the crown and the cake.
I see a kindred spirit here in the birthday party overboardness and the matchy-matchy cute outfits! lol.
And, I get sad about the missed stuff too. 7 birthdays in our case.
Aww, happy birthday Grace. She looked adorable. I love her dress. I am glad she had a ball on her first of many special days.
Post a Comment