Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stragerfriends

We have an awesome agency, every Thursday they have an agency chat time. I plan my week around this hour and my family knows not to mess with me then (my kids have soccer practice that ends during chat, so I duck out early and lave S to deal wih getting them home and fed). Chat is wonderful, there are adoptive parents, pre-adoptive parents like me, and those looking for info. The Director of our agency usually makes an apperance too. This hour is THE MOST SUPPORTIVE HOUR you will ever find. I always come away hyped up about our adoption and the others that are taking place at our agency. Last week when we were so conflicted about our first referral, the first time I felt any measure of peace about saying no came during chat when the wonderful people there supported our thoughts, they are awesome.

I start wondering who might have gotten a referal or court date hours before chat starts, and I plan question I can ask those who have been there done that. You might wonder why I am going about this, I have to miss chat tonight and I am in withdrawls already. I might miss a big announcement and how will I know about it. My oldest child is going through First Communion and we Lutheran's have a traditon of having a Passover dinner the Thursday before the actual First Communion. So S, B and I will be feasting on Lamb and barley, instead of chat. (You'll find us at Mickey D's drive through shortly thereafter.)

Strangerfriends from my agency, I'll miss you tonight...."see" you next week.

5 comments:

mommyto5 said...

Will miss ya Nancy, I know the feeling:( funny thing is I have not been on since getting home with the girls and was planning on being on tonight:)Enjoy your evening!

Elle said...

We'll miss you too. During the long wait the 10 other families and Us formed a family like bond. It was so strong I did chat from a hospital bed once. So I know what you are getting at. This would be why 6 months home and I still go to chat.

Brandie said...

I was wondering where you were!! You were missed!!! I do look forward to the chats too. Hope to see you next week!!

Christen L said...

what agency are you using? we're still researching!

Susan&Wayne said...

Hey Nancy.....I know the feeling....when my work schedule was switched to working every Thursday night, I thought I would DIE!! God is faithful, though, and I have still received a lot of support despite this....and thanks for the support you give to us. I do hope you are feeling better about things!! I am so happy for your child's first communion!! Did I tell you I graduated from PLU in Tacoma?? Great Lutheran school!! Hope you had fun at your dinner and that Sunday is awesome!