Thursday, September 13, 2007

HELP

Hi bloggy friends, I need advice once again. Tomorrow is two months since we brought Grace home. My understanding, attachment wise, is that you aren't to leave them anywhere for three moths. What do I do about church? Grace is soo cute and very sweet, but sitting still and being quiet, not her thing. We go to the service where kids can be a bit noisy, but she isn't still, and when you force it, she is loud. Can we leave her in the nursery? Two weeks in a row Scott spent the entire service in the nursery with her, but the next week he said he's stay home with her because it was silly to go to church and sit in the nursery. So thoughts or advice would be great, do you think it will cause her attachment process harm if we leave her in the nursery, one of her brothers will be there.

I have tons of pics and no time so tomorrow for her two month homeiversary I'll post them and more about the girl. This back to school thing is killing me , I have less time now than when all five were home all day.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Grace reminds me a lot of Lyra in her adjustment to life at home. I think she is AD free, sister.

Leave her in the nursery with a brother. She will be fine. We threw out all the expert adoption advice with Lyra pretty quickly after we got home. I even left her overnight to go house hunting 4 months after we were home and I left her for date night 3 or 4 weeks after we came home. She was doing so well with attachment and settled seamlessly into life at our house. She has NEVER grieved her former life. Not even one tiny time.

Like Grace, she was rotten in church. No volume control:):):). We put her in the nursery with a brother or in SS when my sil was teaching, but I never left her in a class crying. I didn't do this with Solomon either. I get softer as i get older. LOL!

Now (our new church has no children's program, not even a nursery) she sits quietly in church with us . Well, almost quietly. She knows to whisper,but she still talks some. We take coloring books and picture books with us.