
It was a very Happy New Year, indeed. 2008 will mark Grace's first full year with our family, I can't wait to see the changes in her in the upcoming year. I asked Scott what we were doing this year to top adopting and travelling to Russia twice last year. He thinks we ought to try and ramp it down many notches. We'll see...
Yesterday was one year since I filled out my application to adopt from AIA. We fill it out not knowing for sure whether we would go through with anything, but feeling like we would. We were so nervous and unsure about what the future would bring, how long would we have to wait, who would be our child, how much was this going to cost us? So many unknowns on that day, but lots of faith that we were doing what we were meant to do, and look it turned out great! I remember last Christmas praying that we would have a daughter by the next Christmas, and miraculously we did. She certainly was our best gift of the year.
Potty training, ugh! I've trained four boys and frankly I'm just don't want to train anyone else! Grace has the "potty" part down, but I'm still scared to take her out in panties. She doesn't tell you she has to go potty, she just goes in and takes care of it or she points and we go, so going out seems like such a scary thing. We are hard core around here for the potty training, once you start you wear undies only, except at night and nap, and nap goes away within the week. It has worked four times, so I don't know why I'm such a wimp with Grace. The number 2 thing, we're still working on. She can't tell it's coming, so she comes to you after it has started, so part is in her undies and part in toilet, so I still have two messes to clean up. I'm just keeping my eyes on the prize of diaper free living!

No comments:
Post a Comment