And I have many good reasons for my abscence. First, my husband was gone for two weeks! I have always had the utmost respect for single parents, but my respect for them has multiplied a thousand fold! I have to admit it wasn't too bad, the boys understood and were on their somewhat best behavior. Grace on the other hand... that girl. She is all about testing me and if I ignore her she goes back to being her regular sweet self, but any reaction starts her testing me even more. While being a single parent it got harder to ignore her, and I was tired and not all together myself. I reacted to her a few times and by the time Scott got home we were conflicting all the time! If this is a preview of the teen years, I am dead meat.
When Scott got home there was much rejoicing, and then we both got sick. We were coughing and wheezing and generaly miserable for several days, and then when I was ready to blog my computer became very sick and now has some virus, that my be incurable.
I am on the laptop, which I HATE, and I can't download pictures to it, which is frustrating. My wonderful hubby is trying to fix the real computer, but we are on day 6 with no success, and he knows computers. I really don't want to buy a new com,puter right now, ugh, and double ugh.
Grace news, lets see, I'm getting used to the speech therapist, she still drives me little nuts, but Grace is making a lot of progress. (I'm not sure it's the therapy, but I'm not complaining) She is talking more and trying to say many more words, which is helpful to all of us. She is very proud when she is able to communicate her needs. The therapist did clarify her statement about Grace and her opnion that she has some sensory issues, and I'm more comfortable with how she is handling it. All in all things are great. I'd say more but writing on this laptop kills my wrists. So, please say a prayer that the big computer can be fixed. And finally Melissa tagged me to say seven weird things about myself. My hubby would laugh becuase he thinks there are way more than seven, but that's a different post!
1. I cannot stand my food touching, I would like to have those plates with the seperate compartments for every meal. My kids are like this too, and I'm trying to break them of it so they don't end up ike me.
2. I hate raw tomatoes, will not eat them, but I love marinara sauce, go figure.
3. I have had the same best friend since I was 2, and I'm sure we'll still be when we're in the nursing home.
4. I am a Pepsi addict, I love the combination of sugar caffein and bubbles, and I must always have some in the house. I get nervous if the supply gets low and run to stock up. I've recently almost cut it completely out of my diet, but I still have 5 twelve packs in the pantry.
5. I am the biggest new cleaning product freak there is, I try it all. I swear I tried Mr. Clean erasers the day they came out and have been singing their praises ever since.
6. I am slightly obsessed with my kids clothes, they must match or I can't take it. When the little ones dress themselves I make them change if the shirt and pants don't go, I know it's bad, but I cannot stand mis-matched clothes.
7. I hate board games. I mean I will do most anything to get out of playing them. We have been invited to game nights, but always pass, because I hate to play games. That said, I have played two games of Sorry and two of Candyland today, I will do anything for my kids.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
#6: Me too. I'm having to take some deep breaths and let this one go (a bit) to honor my new peaceful, zen-like mornings method for starting the day out right. If I allow Katya to choose her own clothes, she will put on red tights, purple sweats and a bright blue patterned sweater. It kills me, but the push/pull in the morning kills me more. I'm trying to compromise by laying clothes out ahead of time to avoid the issue altogether.
I hear you on the single parent issue. Sometimes you just need to go, "here, your turn." :)
#1 and 2 are me all the way! I HATE raw tomatoes. They always look so nice and fresh, but yuck! I do LOVE marinara, ketchup, etc.
I really despise mismatched clothes, too. Since I don't have kids yet, I will just say that I lay out Frank's work clothes every night. I'm not kidding. I think he's colorblind. haha.
Hey Nancy! Are you still having computer problems? I miss the Grace updates. Your next post will also have to be titled long time no blog. We got a referral (YEAH!!!) and I finally decided to start a blog. It's www.hopingandbelieving.blogspot.com
She's a gorgeous 18 month old girl! Hopefully we'll be as lucky as you've been with Grace.
Cindy (from the AIA chats)
Post a Comment