Saturday, March 1, 2008

A girl and her shoes






Grace has many pairs of shoes. Scott often laments the fact that she has more pairs than he does, and possibly more pairs than all the boys put together. What can I say, I like shoes and I buy them for Grace. She NEEDS to have them to match her outfits.

I bough her a pair of Crocs last weekend, I don't really care for the look of Crocs, but I will admit on her tiny chubbers, they are adorable. I bought these for the ease of her getting them on. We go to the bus stop three times a day, five times a week. Grace can put these on by herself everytime, you do the math.

When I gave Grace the Crocs she was so happy and went on and on about her shoes. The only words that are clear in the talking are Mommy look shoes, but that's all I needed to know. She wear the shoes All. The. Time! With her jammies, as in over the footie part, when she strips down to the nude, she puts them back on. Grace always.wear.these.shoes.

Cut to Friday, she is wearing a cute little skirt outfit, that did not go with Crocs. There was much screaming and tossing of oneself onto the floor, dare I say the biggest tantrum we've ever had out of the girl. Because Mommy said she couldn't wear those shoes.

If there was ever any doubt that she is my child, it ended right there!

(I know she isn't wearing a helmet, our local Hospital only fits them for the kids once a month and we can't go for another week, I promise she's hardly moving on the scooter and trike)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

i hear ya about the shoes. before olivia needed special walking shoes, she had at least 5-6 pairs to go with different outfits. now we only have 2 (sneakers and dressier shoes). i miss those days of all those cute shoes.

Elle said...

My boy loves him some crocs too. However, he's quickly out growing his. Darn it.

Christen L said...

I am not a huge croc fan.... but, I can see your point here. For some reason I just think of old ladies gardening and wonder when that became fashionable. They do look cute on "her little chubbers," though. Even I will admit.

ps - I love the fact that in today's world you have to explain why your child doesn't have a helmut on while barely moving on a scooter. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you were right there next to her, taking the picture. That's funny to me. When I was a kid helmets were for "special" kids....(yes, I know that's not the politically correct way to phrase it - but that's how we said it back then).... now suddenly you are a bad mother if your kid isn't wearing one to walk into the bathroom and brush his teeth. Ugh! Okay, done venting now. :)

Brandie said...

My is Grace soooo cute!!!!
Love the pics -- keep them coming.
Ms. O said that a referral should be coming soon and that Ms. Z is working on it with the Dept.!!
Wish us luck.. word on the street is maybe the end of April. SHHHHHH