Tuesday night my four year old, five next week, graduated from pre-school. I used to scoff at pre-school graduation, how silly is that. I've now been through three of them and cried every time. There is something a little bittersweet about leaving the carefree days of pre-school where your biggest worry is whether your kid played nice or ate glue. From here on out it's more academic and less fun, sad. I also always get teary at these things because three and four, my favorite ages. I don't want my boys to leave being four. When kids are three and four they LOVE you, they think you can fix anything, you know everything and they are happy tell you how much they love and to kiss and hug you anytime anywhere. And three and four year olds...they are FUNNY!
Sure, when kids are two there are some cute things that happen but when they really have the gift of speech down and can use the proper intonation and add drama to what they say, they make me laugh until I cry. And listening to them talk and mess up what they are saying as they try to use the big words, priceless. Plus, three and four year olds, potty trained, but not talking about butts and poop and stuff. This is my favorite age so far (realizing I only have experience up to nine) and I'm always sad when another kids leaves it.
My older kids they love me tons and they'll tell me about it at home, but there are very few kisses good bye at the bus stop, no love you Mom's as they get on the bus and they have figured out that I don't know everything and can't fix everything. Older kids have some positive points, I'm just a pre-school age lover. Good thing I have two more coming up, because they day Princess Pink turns five, I'm going to need some serious self medication.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really am ready to be done with 2. I don't want to wish my boy's childhood away, but 2 is pushing every last button. What I wouldn't give for a complete sentence.
Post a Comment