

these pictures were taken yesterday. We spent the day at Seafair watching an airshow, Grace pointed every time a plane flew by, much to her Daddy's delight. she also pointed at the Ducks and said "duh".
There isn't much new to report since last week, she still isn't crazy about her Dad, but she now loves her brothers enough to hug them, a lot! She isn't saying any real new words, but she's trying to say a lot more.
I did want to thank Christen for her comment after my last post. She was 100% right. Before we had Grace home I felt the same way, that people sometimes were looking so hard for problems with their kids and attachment that they were sure to find them. I'm not criticizing anyone, I've been doing it for the last three weeks. And I'm also not pointing the finger at anyone, you know your kids best and I'm confident that you're doing the best for them. But Scott and I did find ourselves in the situation where everyone warns you about attachment and you become very worried about it. We were at the point where we worried about every thing we did and said, we wanted her to be good and bonded to us.
Well a new era has dawned, and we have relaxed. We parent Grace like we do the boys, with a few special consideration, but only a few. I'm no longer obsessing about attachment and worrying every time she sits on someones lap. She is happy and pretty attached to her Mom and those are great things. The more I relax, the happier we all are, especially Grace.

2 comments:
good for you. I don't treat my kids much differently than I believe I would treat a bio kid if I had one. I think they are doing just great.
She is so cute and looks like such a happy girl :)
No problem with the comment. Everyone has their own opinion on the attachment front. Frank and I have read a lot of information out there and both of us agree we're going to parent our child as we would have if they were a bio child. If we notice something major, then obviously we'll do something about it, but overall - I just don't want to be paranoid about it in everything my kid does. Most children are resilient - they work things out if you give them time and the love they need. That's just my humble opinion, though.
Just trying to be supportive.... I'm sure someday I'll need it in return.
Post a Comment