Monday, August 20, 2007

Vacation


Tomorrow we leave bright and early for four fun filled days at the beach. Since it is the Oregon Coast we won't be holding our breath for sunny and warm, but we will have a ball digging in the sand and wading in the ocean. Check back next weekend for lots of pics of Magadan girl meets the beach.

1 comment:

Susan&Wayne said...

Nancy,
She is adorable, and she looks just like your other kids!! Isn't that amazing? She is in a stage where she is assimilating language. Don't worry that she is not talking. Sasha was the very same way. When we met him in Jan, he was 25 mos old (almost 26) and he was NOT speaking ANY words. When we went back for him 2 mos later in March, he was saying 5 to 7 Russian words (Die - give; Nah - take, Paka paka - bye bye ; Oh pah- uh oh!! ,etc. He really only picked up a few more words after a few months, but just in the last couple of weeks ...he is saying EVERYTHING!! And he is so cute saying it....now, he will be 3 in November, and he has just now started to say things on his own...like last night when I was folding the laundry, he said "sock" when I pulled out the socks to fold. Last week he said "sock" for the first time, when I was dressing him. I said. let's put on your sock, and he repeated "sock", so I said "This is a sock" and he repeated "this a sock". He has the sweetest little voice. Today I took him to the sitter and told him I had to go to work, and he repeated "work". Then, I waved at him and said "Bye, bye baby", and he waved back at me and said "Bye, bye baby"!! HA! I said, no you say" Bye bye , Mama", so he smiled this big grin, and said "Bye, bye Mama". Don't worry about the language, it will come!!